Announcements and Important Events
Its a beautiful day to be outside! Since today is our first afterschool activity since returning to school, I wanted to take a moment to remind the parents and guardians of the rules in place to help keep our kids and families safe and in school & sports:
REMINDER: Parents – Spectators & Fans: Per the Phase 4 guidelines set forth by the Kennett Athletic Departments, we will also be required to follow many of the same precautions that Kennett High School as for their recent games and events:
- Spectators will be limited to a maximum of four (4) Parents/Guardians per athlete for regular season games/races through September 27th. No other spectators will be permitted, including students and visiting fans. No siblings or grandparents, please. Game personnel (i.e. officials, school administrators, athletic trainers, media … etc.) will be allowed. Scrimmages are considered part of a practice, no spectators are permitted.
- Spectators will be required to wear face coverings and keep a distance of at least 6’ apart from anyone other than a household/immediate family members is recommended.
- This guideline will be re-evaluated on September 28th to allow for additional spectators, including the potential of permitting students and visiting fans, for the remainder of the regular season.
- If you are experiencing any of the symptoms or conditions as listed on the COVID-19 Health Questionnaire - Such as having left New England in the last 14 days, feeling ill, running a temperature of 100- or higher, experiencing shortness of breath, intestinal issues, new or unknown symptoms, loss of taste or smell – PLEASE STAY HOME.
Students and coaches must all be diligent when on the fields, during waiting time after school, and in between time and remember to:
- Keep 6 feet apart
- Wear masks during down time, in common areas or close proximity
- Use hand sanitizer before and after practices/games/meets (in every med kit)
- No sharing of water bottles, snacks or personal items
- Keep personal belongings separated
** Kennett Middle School has also added a NO DOGS ALLOWED rule this fall. Due to the volume of students on our fields during the school day for outside classrooms during the COVID-19 Pandemic, and the amount of dog mess we have been finding on campus, we will be posting the KMS fields and enforcing this rule moving forward. Please leave your dogs at home. Thank you for your cooperation & understanding!