Announcements and Important Events
Happy New Year!
As we continue with the winter sports season, its more important than ever to follow our safety protocols, school and sports guidelines and know that we all are doing our best to keep your student athlete happy, healthy and active! As we know, things are ever-changing and many things are out of our control. So, lets be sure to enjoy and appreciate each and every practice, game, and ski meet! Thank you for your diligence and cooperation during this crazy time!
Note: When athletes have the early practice time slots, there is supervision for them from when school gets out until practices begin. XC skiers will meet in the Cafeteria. Basketball players will meet in the gym hallway. Alpine will meet in the band room.
We are still fine tuning some of the schedules, and changes are still being made, so please be patient while we work on them. Paper basketball schedules were given out this week to athletes, there were a few recent changes to Alpine so look for a new schedule this week, and Nordic info has been/will be emailed by Coach Pilarcik.
A Few Reminders:
- Masks must be worn at ALL times by coaches and athletes.
- There will be NO spectators allowed at any Kennett Middle School game, scrimmage or ski meet this season. Even though the high school may be permitting spectators, Kennett Middle School will not be doing so, for home or away teams. We feel that this is in the best interest of our students and families.
- Stay 6’ apart
- Properly wear your masks at all times - If athletes do not abide by this expectation, disciplinary action may be taken
- Wash/disinfect hands and equipment regularly
- Stay home if you’re not feeling well
- There are no locker rooms this year, so please be sure athletes have clothes to put on after games & practices.
- Be sure to fill out and bring health screening slips to practice if distance learning/remote learning.
And PLEASE go back over expectations and health/safety measures with your student athletes again.
Thank you for your continued support & Be well!
Gredel Shaw , KMS Athletic Coordinator