Announcements and Important Events
Information for the 2021 Kennett Middle School Fall Sports Season
On TUESDAY, AUGUST 24TH at 6:00 pm there will be a parent information night iON THE KMS FOOTBALL FIELD for parents of all Kennett Middle School students that are interested in playing a sport at KMS this fall. Please bring a blanket or chair to sit on if you so choose.
POSTPONED & UPDATED 8/18
Parents & guardians are urged to attend. Fall coaches and KHS Athletic Trainer Colby Locke will be there to meet with parents and answer any questions. There are 5 easy steps listed below to get your student-athlete signed up for fall sports. NOTE: ImPACT testing is for incoming 7th graders or new, untested 8th graders. If you took and passed the test last year, you do not need to retake the test. See 2nd page for more sign up info.
n Football: Impact testing for football players will take place Thursday, August 12th at 9:00 AM – students will meet in the KMS Cafeteria.
UPDATED Equipment distribution : There will be no equipment hand out on 8/12 after all. Both 8th & 7th graders will get their equipment on Friday, Aug. 13th from 5:30-7:30pm. The first practice will take place Aug. 16th from 5:30-7:30 pm for all players. NOTE: Football practices will happen in the evenings this season, not after school. A weekly email schedule will be provided from the coach. If you cannot make it, or have any questions, please contact Coach Scott Stearns at 520-8339 or email at Scott.Stearns@pfgc.com.
n Field Hockey: ImPact testing for Field Hockey players will take place Thursday, August, 19th at 9:00 AM – students will meet in the KMS Cafeteria. Practice will begin Monday, Aug. 23rd from 8:00-9:300AM at KMS will be held on Monday 8/23, Wednesday 8/25, Friday 8/27 from 8:00-9:30 and Monday 8/30 & Tuesday 8/31 from 3:30-5:00pm. Any questions - please contact Coach Bitty & Coach Greer at email@example.com.
n Girls Soccer: ImPact testing for Girls Soccer will take place Thursday, August, 19th at 10:30 AM – students will meet in the KMS Cafeteria. Practice will begin Monday, Aug. 23rd from 10:00 – 11:30am (updated time) at KMS will be held on Monday 8/23, Wednesday 8/25, Friday 8/27 and Monday 8/30 from 3:00-4:30 each day until school starts. Contact Coach Michael Thompson with questions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
n Boys Soccer: ImPact testing for Boys Soccer players will take place Thursday, August, 19th at 1:00 PM – students will meet in the KMS Cafeteria. Practice will begin Monday, Aug. 23rd from 10:00 – 11:30 AM will be held on Monday 8/23, Wednesday 8/25, Thursday 8/26 from 10-11:30 and Monday 8/30 from 3:00-4:30. Contact Coach Adam Goodwin with questions, email@example.com.
n Coed Cross Country Running: ImPact testing for CC Runners will take place Thursday, August, 19th at 2:30 PM – students will meet in the KMS Cafeteria. Practice will begin Monday, Aug. 23rd from 3:00 – 4:30pm at KMS happen Monday 8/23, Wednesday 8/25, Friday 8/27 and Monday 8/30 from 3:00-4:30 each day until school starts. Contact Coach Kim Livingston firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important information for parents & guardians – please read:
Below are 5 easy steps to get your student-athlete signed up for fall sports
- Fill out Fall Sign Up & Contact info via Google Forms https://forms.gle/ZQXgus9PUnwo6roW8
- PowerSchool ONLINE REGISTRATION FORMS – Students must be fully registered by 8/13
All KMS Student Athletes must use PowerSchool to register for KMS Sports. (The PowerSchool App will not work - you must log in to the actual webpage to access the form). *NOTE: PowerSchool will be updated in the first week of August, if y ou cannot get in now, try again later, but be sure to complete the other steps in the meantime!
- Go to this site sau9.powerschool.com/public use the login credentials you use for the app or create new info
- Once logged in you'll see a Forms section in the left hand column.
- There you'll find the Fall Athletics Registration Form to review and submit. Be sure to upload your students physical form
Paper forms for non-KMS students are available in the KMS Reception Office or online at www.gokms.com. Click on “Files & Links” then click on the appropriate form. Forms can be dropped off at KMS prior to practices, faxed, mailed, or emailed to Kennett Middle School by Friday 8/13.
- ImPACT TESTING – This cognitive assessment test is required for all incoming 7th graders and new or untested 8th graders wishing to participate in a fall sport and will be good for 2 years (unless a head injury occurs). If your child was tested last year as a 7th grader, they do not need to retake the test for the 2020-2021 school year. An ImPACT test must be done BEFORE a student can participate.
- PHYSICAL EXAM – Must be submitted to school or online by Friday, 8/13. Proof of a physical within 2 years is required in order to participate in KMS athletics. Proof of physical must be upload to PowerSchool. If your child does not have a current physical once practice start, he/she cannot participate. Please be sure make an appointment with your child’s doctor as soon as possible to avoid delay in participation. Should a child’s physical expire mid-season, the student will need to provide an updated physical in order to continue the remainder of the season, and or to be eligible to participate in the following sport season. A sport physical form in available online at www.gokms.com under the “Files & Links” tab. Tip for Parents: Please make copies of your physical. Do not hand in your original.
- Go to www.gokms.com to create your account! Click "JOIN" in the upper right corner of your screen. IMPORTANT: Be sure to click on the “Email Alerts” tab then "My Account Information" and work within the "My Account Information, My Favorites/Alerts and My Content" links and be sure to add Kennett Middle School, then choose your child's sports and grades/levels. If you do not select these things, you WILL NOT receive notifications. Be sure to update the grade and season with each school year, as needed.
Please contact KMS Athletic Coordinator, Gredel Shaw at email@example.com with any questions. Have a fun, safe summer! We look forward to seeing you in the Fall. Go Eagles!